Sunday, November 8, 2015

Saturday in Florida began with an early trip to the farmer's market...

Saturday in Florida began with an early trip to the farmer's market, to pick up my organic greens from #GreenFlamingoOrganics and listen to that day's entertainment (a kitchy lounge keyboard player delivering an unironic version of "Black Magic Woman" followed by "The Long and Winding Road"). Then I caught an unexpected buzz from my ginger-lime kombucha (causing me to skip yoga) and an unexpected big score at the thrift store ($4 Juiceman II!). Then a field trip to #CassadegaSpiritualistCamp--which is kind of like Hogwarts for adults--with my friend, where we communed with crystals and had our futures told. Then a sunset walk on the beach, watching lightning dance behind the clouds. Then dinner consisting mainly of the market greens, then evening sadhana, then a lovely conversation with one of my best friends from high school (with a brief reminiscense of our wilder Saturday nights from youth) and finally, retirement, crawling onto the thermopedic mattress with a good book.

My high school friend pointed out that I was living the life I had always wanted. She was speaking of the music, and of my forthcoming album (woohoo!)--I have always wanted to "be a singer." But it's larger than that. The psychic today told me that the universe was bringing me peace, because I had asked for it and had "worked" for it. Oh, yes, we worked for it. But I also think that inner peace is somehow easier to achieve in 85 degree weather, with the ocean as one's soundtrack. At least the Yankee in me says that. I think my Florida friends might agree. In the meantime, in this month of #gratitude, I am grateful for the sun. And the sea. And friends. And lounge singers. And my teachers. And on and on and on.

No comments: