Saturday, August 2, 2014

I'm back in the studio again!  (And I still haven't tired of the fact that I get to say "back in the studio" by the way, because I get to sound so cool, hee hee....).  I've spent the past few days at White Light Recording Studios with Anthony Molina working on all kinds of techie stuff: fixing timings and tuning vocals, replacing parts, and coming up with even more wonderful ideas for parts and transitions. Anthony is a pure genius, so mostly I'm just watching the engineering process in awe.  Because this is my first time making a record, I cannot help but compare the experience to writing a novel (a process I do know).  In both cases, there is a lot of editing involved...but the fun thing about music is that we get to tap our feet and dance and listen to Stevie Wonder (singing with a Hare Krishna back up choir) for creative inspiration during the grueling editing process.   Fun fun fun!



Here's a video of Anthony working out a new guitar part for my version of "Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha. 

No comments: